Louisville Creative Centre is a grassroots nonprofit arts education and arts production organization, located in Metro Louisville, Kentucky. Our service area covers the whole of the Kentuckiana area as it represents a very unique blend of both urban and rural cultures not often found in other parts of the United States. Our service areas in Kentucky are Metro Louisville, Jefferson Country, Oldham Country, Shelby County, Spencer County, and Bullitt County. Our service areas in Southern Indiana are Clark County, Floyd County, and Harrison County.
Mission Statement: We believe that those that have received training in the creative arts have a moral and ethical responsibility to return a portion of that training to the community and other up and coming artists. We provide an organized structure to allow for and support professional artists who wish to teach. We also provide an organized structure for individuals from all aspects of society who wish to work closely with professional artists in a structured and organized educational environment.
- To provide an organized structure for artists and students who wish to teach, learn, and refine their art production capabilities
- Develop strong leadership in the arts for Metro Louisville, Jefferson County, and the surrounding Kentuckyiana area
- Bring arts education to our service area by providing low cost and high quality opportunities for all members of our service area
- Stop the arts drain in our service area by providing a reason for local artists to return to our area after they have attended formal education either inside or outside of our area
Non-discrimination Policy Statement: Louisville Creative Centre, Inc. being here defined at the Board of Directors, Centre Staff, Centre Volunteers, any Centre Program Leaders, and Centre Workshop Leaders do not discriminated based upon age, artistic ability, belief in God, caste, color, creed, disability, education level, ethnic identification, ethnicity, gender, gender identification, genetic gender, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexuality, size, social economic statues or any other factor that is otherwise defined as discriminatory by the laws of the United States Federal government, or the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the laws of the State of Indiana. All Louisville Creative Centre, Inc. Members are expected to abide by this same non-discrimination policy.
Values: We believe the following to be our core values and principles of governance:
- That all people need art, art education, and that all people in our service area (and beyond) are valuable members of the arts community
- That an arts education environment that is free of hostility and negative competitiveness will provide a more productive and efficient environment for artistic work
- All members of governance and developmental committees have important contributions to make, and that whenever possible, Louisville Creative Centre will be guided by consensus of said members
Goals: The following are the fundamental goals and objectives of Louisville Creative Centre:
- Foster reading, writing, and literacy programs
- Foster the development of the arts community in our service area, specifically to provide a focal point for the arts community to interact
- Foster the development of community oriented arts programs
- Foster and lead in arts community communication both of events, and of educational and social opportunities
- Provide strong leadership in our arts community by bringing together members of the community
- Develop and deploy arts education programs
- Residents of Metro Louisville, Kentucky
- Residents of Jefferson County, Kentucky
- Residents of The Kentuckyiana Area; to include all counties in both Kentucky and Indiana that boarder Jefferson Country, Kentucky
- Any other person or persons that have a deep and sincere interest in the arts community of the Louisville Creative Centre service area
The Louisville Creative Centre is organized to comply with both the tax-exemption requirements of the 501(c)(3) section of the Internal Revenue Code and the the nonprofit laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. To view the Louisville Creative Centre, Inc. 501(c)3 Compliance Letter click here, and to view our annual fillings with the Kentucky Commonwealth Secretary of State can be found in the Online Business Data Base click here.